Have a beautiful stay and spend a nice holiday in Connecticut
Connecticut is one of the most beautiful states in the U.S. with a long maritime history and a rich culture to share. Connecticut is one of the most industrialized states and often called “Arsenal of the Nation”. A fine place for all genres of people to visit, the place is breathtaking in its natural beauty. If you are in dire need of a vacation Connecticut is the place for you. You can come along with a small group of friends or bring your family. The place has many things to offer which you can enjoy. Make a list, hire a car and you are good to go. If you are coming in from John F. Kennedy International Airport, the most reliable and best way to get to the city is by hiring the JFK to CT service. You can even book the car service to take you around. With expert drivers who will also act as your guide, you will have the best experience in the city. Some of the places you can go to are listed below:
1. There’s no better way to start your journey in Connecticut rather than visiting the capital of it. Hartford is one of the oldest cities hosting the Wadsworth Athenaeum, Bushnell Park and the Hartford Courant. These are the oldest public art museum, oldest Public Park, and oldest continuously published paper of America respectively. If anyone in your group or family loves history, then this place is a treasure trove for them to explore. Hartford doesn’t fail to satisfy the theater lovers as well. It is the home to Hartford Stage which is a well known modern theater. You can also catch the hockey game of Hartford Wolf Pack at the XL Center. Hire a car on the go that can drop each one of you at your place of choice and also pick you up at the mentioned hour. This will help everyone avoid chaos and keep everything organized.
2. Now if you want to spend the day experiencing Connecticut in its most beautiful state, then head on to the Silver Sands State Park. This is a place where you can do anything starting from swimming to visiting the bird sanctuary in Charles Island. The bird sanctuary provides a home to birds like snowy owls and the rough-legged hawk. You can also spot egrets and herons from May to August.
3. If romance is in the air, then go ahead and visit Greenwich. One of the most sophisticated and charming towns along Long Island Sound coast, this is the perfect place for a romantic getaway. Hire a car for you and your sweetheart to drop you off at your destination and you are set to go. However, if you are with family then take the kids to the Maritime Aquarium. They are bound to have a great day with the sea turtles and the otters. You will also find yourself enjoying along with them. You cannot just miss New York City’s beautiful skyline if you are here which you will get from Greenwich Point Park after miles of hiking.
4.New Haven provides you with the spectacular view of its harbor along with Long Island Sound from the Lighthouse Point Park. Want to go for a ride in a carousel? This is the place for you. This carousel is one of the hundreds that are still running and in use. The beautiful sandy beach along with the warm water in Long Island Sound is the perfect place to go for a dip and come up refreshed.
5. Literature lovers will find their piece of heaven in the Mark Twain House which was turned into a museum. You will be able to witness the places where the writer ate, slept and worked. Sometimes the museum opens doors to allow prospective and talented writers to work in the library of Mark Twain allowing them a glimpse into the man’s life more closely. There are tours that take place along with writing workshops as well. If there is someone in the group or family who loves history and literature, this place will be paradise to them.
6. Nicknamed the “Nutmeg State” Connecticut is also a heaven for food lovers. All the roaming can burn a hole in your stomach which needs to be filled. Start out with your family and friends at the birthplace of hamburgers at Louis’ Lunch in New Haven. It is also the pizza capital with Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana. Seafood lovers will not be disappointed as well with Abbott’s Lobster in the Rough and Oyster Club. This doesn’t stop here as you will be able to find many more places which are famous and has a good bite as well. Take your family for lunch or dinner in luxury by hiring from the best car services.
7. Your vacation will not be the best if you do not stay in the best place in Connecticut. There are many to choose from including Saybrook Point Inn and Spa at Old Saybrook which is the birthplace of Yale University. If you want a cottage to make yourself and your family at home, you can stay at Winvian Farm at Morris in Litchfield Country with all the basic amenities provided. History takes up a place at the Inn at Kent Falls. This has been an inn hosting people since the 1700s but updated carefully to accommodate the 21st century guests. Navigating through the city to reach your hotel while keeping an eye on every member can be hectic. You can chuck away the worry and book the car required before you reach the city. You will have your ride waiting for you when you reach JFK airport to take you to your hotel room.
Connecticut is a place with a beautiful coastline and the major cities of New York and Boston banking it. The place has a charm and history that proves to be the best getaway from the mundane and hectic lifestyle. Take a week off, gather your family or a small group of friends, and hire the best fleet of cars to take you around the city. You will be refreshed and have the energy to go back to work with a new vigour.